Spring Diving in FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aujax

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone give me any tips on diving the springs near Tampa/Clearwater - I've been to Weekie Watchee and Homossassa, but I think the really interesting stuff looks to be at Ginnie. Are there any other hot spots?

Thanks,
Aujax

aujax once bubbled...
Hi,

Can anyone give me any tips on diving the springs near Tampa/Clearwater - I've been to Weekie Watchee and Homossassa, but I think the really interesting stuff looks to be at Ginnie. Are there any other hot spots?

Thanks,
Aujax

I've heard that Ginnie Springs is the best spring to visit, and also that Devil's Den and Blue Grotto are great, too. I'm going to Ginnie on Sat. Sept 27th while I'm on vacation in Orlando. Maybe I'll see you there!:)

Here's a random sampling of Gulf Coast area freshwater dives just off the top of my head (there are others, but not necessarily placed I'd dive):

Crystal River - Kings Spring
Manatee Springs and Catfish Hole (Hotel?) - Chiefland
Blue Grotto and Devil's Den - Williston
Rainbow River - Dunnellon
Paradise Springs - Ocala

Ginnie is cool I prefer Devils Den. If you live in the area get yourself a copy of Diving Underwater Florida there are great ideas for diving trips. I live in the Tampa area and I have found a few good sites within a few hours of here. If interested me and my dive buddy could always use a third we try to get out every other week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom