spring strap sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mnscooter

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am woundering which size to use, or how to measure so I can order the right size.

I am installing them on a pair of XL Atomic split fins, I will be wearing DUI rock boots size 9.

Thanks for your help

Best bet is to bring your fins and boots to your LDS. Barring that you can take a tape measure, form it to a "strap" and get the distance from one attachment point to the other, then e-mail it to the manufacturer. Or see if somebody responds who has the same size boot, same fins and same brand straps :).

The rule of thumb is to measure from attachment point to attachment point (I use a piece of string then measure the string) and buy the next smallest spring strap. So if the distance is 14" you want the closest spring strap length that is LESS than 14".

The beauty of the XS spring straps is they can easily be cut down to the exact size needed, with simple hand tools. So if the size is questionable, think too big rather than too small.

This is good advice and also what we would suggest for you to do. Enjoy!
The rule of thumb is to measure from attachment point to attachment point (I use a piece of string then measure the string) and buy the next smallest spring strap. So if the distance is 14" you want the closest spring strap length that is LESS than 14".

Thanks everyone for the info, very helpful. I love this site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom