Spring Straps for Dacor Pursuit Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tommed

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to put spring straps on a set of Dacor Pursuit Fins. I have a set of 11 inch Mcmaster-Carr springs which I purchased after reading many scubaboard threads about making spring straps. They seem to be way too short for my Dacor Fins. Does anyone know what size spring should be used with this fin?
On the other hand maybe I should just get a set of Jet Fins and use the springs on them. I wear a size 11 shoe. Does anyone know what size Jet Fin I should get?
Thanks for the help.

The size of the spring will be directly related to the size of the users foot, with exposure protection on, in the fin foot pocket. There is not one size specified for each fin and foot size yet. Although maybe we should start a thread similar to Scubaroo's thread about DS boots. We can include fin style, size, exposure suit boots used, spring size and attachment style used. This may help others in making their own straps. Now, for the Jet fins, the size you need depends on what kind of boot you are going to use with them. I wear XL Jets, for size and also because of extra blade length, with my wetsuit boots and with my turbo soles on my DS. I have size 10 feet. I used 10.5" springs and delrin rod with SS rod for the attachment points. Had I been using a DS with the attached vulcanized boots, the Jets would be too small. The alternative for that is Turtle fins by IDI. They only come in one size, HUGE, and you can attach spring straps to them the same way you would to Jets.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom