spring straps for SP twins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sylvester

Reaction score
Will the straps in the picture fit on Scubapro twin jets?
Do I push out the pin holding the SP strap in place or do I twist off the female connector that pivots on both sides?

sylvester:
Will the straps in the picture fit on Scubapro twin jets?
Do I push out the pin holding the SP strap in place or do I twist off the female connector that pivots on both sides?

I hope someone answers that...I've often wondered how that style manta holds in place.

i believe you remove the entire clip but I am not 100 percent sure. I remove the entire clip on mine all the time and all is left is a plastic circle. It seems like those clips would fit quite nicely over the circles.

gerardnealon:
i believe you remove the entire clip but I am not 100 percent sure. I remove the entire clip on mine all the time and all is left is a plastic circle. It seems like those clips would fit quite nicely over the circles.

Right but I was wondering how they stay on for good.

umm, maybe we arent on the same waive length, sorry. If you take the entire clip off your fin you will see the small/large hole as in the spring strap. The pressure of the strap hold it in the "small" hole. You get me? If not i am sorry. Hope this helps.

Gerard

gerardnealon:
umm, maybe we arent on the same waive length, sorry. If you take the entire clip off your fin you will see the small/large hole as in the spring strap. The pressure of the strap hold it in the "small" hole. You get me? If not i am sorry. Hope this helps.

Gerard

I got it now I guess if the size of the smaller hole coinsides with your fins stem then it will snap right in and stay there. The only thing is that the stem on a Bio fin or an Oceanic V12 is thicker than the stem on a pair of Atomics. Then what??

hmmm, sounds like the straps arent made for that type of fin. I know a lot of people custom make these things. You might be able to make the hole a little bigger depending on how off the hole is. Good luck.

OK well since I was not sure I ordered both kind the ones in the picture above and the ones with pins you press together to secure them to the fin. If you have SP twin jets DO NOT order the ones pictured. Oder the ones with pins, you simpley puush your old pins out from bottom to top on the fin, attach the new pin on the spring and squeeze with pliers to secure.

I will just send the ones that I didn't use back. However they will fit my Tusa fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom