Spring Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

porbeagle

Contributor
Reaction score
I read a post from a SB member who makes a real nice pair of Spring Straps. He posted pictures
and was selling them for short money.I lost the tread and can't seem to find it
Anyone know his user name so that I can PM him.
TIA , PORBEAGLE

I too use the XS Scuba ones. I looked very closely at the Halcyon and Scubapro ones. Despite the fact that I am very partial to Scubapro and Halcyon gear, I couldn't not go with the XS Scuba spring straps. They are not only very solid, but they also allow for some adjustment in length (at least using the mounting bracket for Jet Fins; they come with a bunch of different fin mounting brackets).

I bought a couple of sets from Piranha. The price and service are pretty good and I don't have to mess with making my own. One note of caution - order some replacement s/s springs from McMaster-Carr --->now!<--- before you forget so in a couple of years when the springs fail, you can do a quick change-out.

I have a pair of Halcyon and a pair of Piranha. I will recommend the Piranha pair. The mounting mechanism on the Halcyon is odd. It is designed so that if you install it securely, it will be a permenant installation. If you install it so that you want to be able to take it off later, it will NOT be a secured installation. Piranha's version is much easier to install. It comes with a rubber ring for pulling the fin off your fit. Most importantly, it is 1/2 the cost. Unless I am missing something, I don't see why I need to pay $60 for a pair of spring straps.

I'll bet it was Wayward Son, he makes/made spring straps and sold them here on SB

---------- Post added April 27th, 2012 at 03:57 PM ----------

I'll bet it was Wayward Son, he makes/made spring straps and sold them here on SB ... View Profile: Wayward Son - ScubaBoard

There was a guy named Marchand a few years ago who posted a how to with pics using springs from Mcmaster Karr, cave line and homedepot stuff. I made two sets.

I'll bet it was Wayward Son, he makes/made spring straps and sold them here on SB

---------- Post added April 27th, 2012 at 03:57 PM ----------

I'll bet it was Wayward Son, he makes/made spring straps and sold them here on SB ... View Profile: Wayward Son - ScubaBoard
Thanks D_B, I think you got it.
And thanks All for your input,XS does have a good cheap selection.
PORBEAGLE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom