Springfest for 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

denisegg

Indescribable!
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Everyone likes input. What is your preference? April 18, April 25, or May 1st? I have already had people out-of-town asking me about the event. Lets settle on a date and make this happen. If enough of us will join in and celebrate our love for diving in the area, I plan to visit the current owners this weekend and see what we can arrange.
What kind of perks would you be interested in to make this worth your while? Give us some suggestions...and do be reasonable.. :wink:

Denise, I'm not sure if I can attend this year (still dealing with a sick relative) but I will if I can. The best thing I could think of is a discount on camp sites, or air-fill cards. It wouldn't have any effect on my attendance, but it might make the trip more economical for others that may be on the fence. I'll post this threat on the GCDS FaceBook page, and hopefully drum up some interest in what is always a fun event.

Thank you Hetland. I have already talked to the current owners and I am sure that they will be interested in any input that others can bring. They really want Vortex to return to its original spotlight in the want-to-visit spotlights of the area. Thank you for your input.

I talked to Connie at Vortex Springs and we have set the date for April 19th weekend. Vortex will allow any Scubaboarders to do a night dive on Friday night, April 19th, for only $10.00. Register at the store between 4:00 pm and 7:00 pm and you can dive until 11:00 pm that night.
We are also planning an underwater easter egg hunt for Saturday afternoon with some prizes. Any other input would be appreciated. :)

Denise,

Looks like Kate and I will be able to make it this time! We're going to try to get some more folks involved from the Mobile area- - we have a lot of folks over here that have not experienced the joys of the scuba/camp out.

I heard that Vortoberfest was a bit slim last fall. . . are there any plans for entertainment for Saturday night yet?

Denise,

Looks like Kate and I will be able to make it this time! We're going to try to get some more folks involved from the Mobile area- - we have a lot of folks over here that have not experienced the joys of the scuba/camp out.

I heard that Vortoberfest was a bit slim last fall. . . are there any plans for entertainment for Saturday night yet?

Awesome! Glad you can make it! Vortoberfest fell right when Vortex was in the middle of changing ownership and everything was up in the air so we really had no way of knowing what was going on. Everything is settled now and Doc owns it again and his daughter Connie is running the store.
The entertainment for Saturday night is up to us. Johnny Mac has a standing Thursday, Friday and Saturday night gig now but Connie said he could probably do it for us if we gave him enough notice, but I'm not sure what the cost would be.

---------- Post added January 30th, 2013 at 11:07 PM ----------

I have a list of all the current camping, diving and fill fees. I'll get it posted asap.

You should hire JHayes to come out and cook for everyone :wink:

What currency does he take? :wink:

---------- Post added February 1st, 2013 at 01:22 PM ----------

Tent camping at Vortex for 2 people per night

Primitive $19.50 and $6.00 for each additional person
w/h water & electricity $23.00 and $6.00 for each additional person

Diving per day $20.00
Air fills $ 6.00
Nitrox $12.00

I have prices on the rooms if anyone is interested.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom