Springfest offshore dives 4/30/2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I hope you can join us! I will be arriving Vortex Thursday night campsite 8 with the big shark on my tent. :)

C:shark2:

I think we will have a few more divers on board for a nice Sat morning offshore dive. If there are fewer divers it will also means more room on the boat for us! See ya all at the boat.

Hey Carolyn-
Rebecca & I just snagged the last 2 spots on the boat for Saturday morning. Looking forward to a great dive weekend!

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, I'm riding down with Niko and Jin. I also called and added my name to the list, can't wait to go diving and it does not matter what we do.

Seven ScubaBoarders and three others dove the Putnam and Cherokee today. Putnam had a huge school of Atlantic Spadefish as we entered the water. A Goliath Grouper cruised around the wreck, hiding from divers. I saw three different Octopi - two the them were "sharing" the same pipe... Cherokee was another great site - more growth on the wreck.

All-in-all a great day of diving. It was great to meet other ScubaBoarders. Five of us had lunch/dinner at Shuckems Oyster Bar - great food and cold beer.

Attached are a few photos from today's dive.

Attachments

• FL_PanamaCity_009sb.jpg
    FL_PanamaCity_009sb.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 46
  • FL_PanamaCity_029sb.jpg
    FL_PanamaCity_029sb.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 41
  • FL_PanamaCity_040sb.jpg
    FL_PanamaCity_040sb.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 45
  • FL_PanamaCity_046sb.jpg
    FL_PanamaCity_046sb.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 43
  • FL_PanamaCity_041sb.jpg
    FL_PanamaCity_041sb.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 45
  • FL_PanamaCity_057sb.jpg
    FL_PanamaCity_057sb.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 45
  • FL_PanamaCity_067sb.jpg
    FL_PanamaCity_067sb.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 53
  • FL_PanamaCity_062.jpg
    FL_PanamaCity_062.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 50
I really enjoyed meeting some new dive buddies. Jin and Mark, it was my pleasure to introduce you to some nice wrecks and bit deeper dives. You both did really well! Oh, Jin, Wetlens was using a macro lens on his camera, so those pics are of some tiny little critters. Smaller than the shrimp I showed you.

Had a great time diving with Steve and Rebecca again! What a great surprise to see you both again! Hope you can make it to Vortoberfest!

Also, a shout out to our awesome boat captain and DM, Dave and Kyle. They took good care of us as always! Panama City Dive Charters rock!

Carolyn:shark2:

Thanks you, Carolyn for setting up the dive! We had a great time with everyone.
Have to share that if anyone gets stuck, you definitiely want Carolyn around. I would never have guessed someone could dig out a tire, from the sand, with a coathanger! Rebecca & I look forward to seeing you soon. Vortoberfest at the latest!
Steve

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom