Squid found in man's brain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cindybindi

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone I am pretty sure I found a news story a few months ago on this forum but I cant seem to find it again using the search function! Ive also tried googling to no avail.

The story was about a man being pulled up from a body of water, somewhere cold like Alaska. An autopsy revealed that he had a squid's arm or tentacle lodged in his brain, which had entered through his ear.

This story is particularly memorable because it had a gross picture attached of the dude's brain disected- the cross section view showed the tentacle still lodged in the brain.

Does anyone remember this or am I having a 1984 moment?
If you do remember it can you kindly post the link! its driving me bananas.

Thanks =)

cindybindi:
Hi everyone I am pretty sure I found a news story a few months ago on this forum but I cant seem to find it again using the search function! Ive also tried googling to no avail.

The story was about a man being pulled up from a body of water, somewhere cold like Alaska. An autopsy revealed that he had a squid's arm or tentacle lodged in his brain, which had entered through his ear.

This story is particularly memorable because it had a gross picture attached of the dude's brain disected- the cross section view showed the tentacle still lodged in the brain.

Does anyone remember this or am I having a 1984 moment?
If you do remember it can you kindly post the link! its driving me bananas.

Thanks =)

Is this it?

http://www.cfgoa.org/us/bulletin/

Man, looking at the rest of the stuff I sure hope it is a hoax! Talk about ewwww!
Looked up exocell on google, only came up with that site with a report on a creature.

Looks like a case for Myth Busters.....err Ghost Busters......err Squid busters.......well whoever they are!

One heck of a sales pitch for a video game. Great marketing when you can't discern reality from an advertisement!

Oh come on, now. This is a bunch of crap. Did you have a look at the "x-rays" showing the tentacles penetrating a person's head and neck?

Ridiciulous.

Ya'll been hooked & reeled in.

:D

Ubisoft is a huge game manufacturer. I'm sure you'll be seeing a game called "Exocell".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom