SS spool

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dryglove

Contributor
Reaction score
I was doing some window shopping at www.stealthdive.com to see if there was anything new(yes its a slow day:D ) and came across some really nifty SS spools. I have been thinking about getting another smaller spool and these look really nice. They have the bigger finger hole which is nice as the one i have now currently has the small hole. Does anyone see any disadvantages of a SS spool compared to a delrin spool?

lal7176 once bubbled...
Does anyone see any disadvantages of a SS spool compared to a delrin spool?

I would think that a SS spool would be more negatively bouyant. Therefore if you attached a lift bag and let go of the spool so it just "danced" as it unwound it might be more likely to sink. This may necessitate you having to keep a hold of it.

Don't know for sure, but it's something to think about...

Cave Diver once bubbled...

I would think that a SS spool would be more negatively bouyant. Therefore if you attached a lift bag and let go of the spool so it just "danced" as it unwound it might be more likely to sink. This may necessitate you having to keep a hold of it.

Don't know for sure, but it's something to think about...

Thats what i was thinking but with the big hole i could use my fingers instead of letting it dance.

I have a solution....someone needs to buy one then let us know how it works :D

lal7176 once bubbled...

Thats what i was thinking but with the big hole i could use my fingers instead of letting it dance.

I have a solution....someone needs to buy one then let us know how it works :D

I've got a better solution. We share the experience. You buy it for me, and I'll test it and let you know how it works! :)

lal7176 once bubbled...

DOH!!!! :eek:

Get the feeling that we are the only two people interested in this thread? :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom