SSI Dive Count

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

troyski

Registered
Reaction score
I'm really a newbie with diving and would like to apologize this early on if this question seems too ignorant.

If an SSI certified Open Water diver took courses from other agencies (e.g. PADI Advanced Open Water or NAUI Wreck Diving), would dives from those courses be counted with the total count required for experience level when getting higher SSI certifications like Master Diver or maybe for even going pro in the future?

Yes. My ow was through SDI. All my dives and other Certs counted toward my SSI AOW. Dives are dives whether they're with a Padi shop or an SSI shop. For the most part specialties will be recognized by other agencies.

Going pro is another animal which I am not qualified to answer any questions about.

Most courses are interchangeable between most agencies throughout the non- professional levels. As Koozemani pointed out, once one goes into the professional ranks (DM, AI & Instructor), it is very different.

If an SSI certified Open Water diver took courses from other agencies (e.g. PADI Advanced Open Water or NAUI Wreck Diving), would dives from those courses be counted with the total count required for experience level when getting higher SSI certifications like Master Diver or maybe for even going pro in the future?
Yes. For purposes of dive count (experience ratings), a logged dive is a logged dive, whether it was for pleasure or for a course (under any agency). And those dives can also count toward the totals required to start any of the pro rating courses.

-Bryan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom