SSI Instructor/ DCS for Vietnam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ti325v

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Con Dao Islands Vietnam. Owner of Dive ! Dive ! Di
# of dives
[FONT=&quot]We are are a small dive shop located on Con Son Island, in the Con Dao archipelago in the South of Vietnam.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

We are a small operation, with a new 15 x 4.2 meter boat that will have a capacity of 25 divers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 showers with hot and cold water, cooking facilities.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Compressor and air bank on the boat.

All new equipment, new boat, small staff and hope to have a friendly family oriented environment. Our shop is located 50 meters from the boat.

The island is remote and idyllic. I have lived in Vietnam for 9 of the last 21 years, and been a tour guide for two of them. Con Dao is easily the most beautiful region in Vietnam. We have access to 10 dive sites and hope for ten more as we develop the location. We will be working closely with the National Park, so a healthy respect for the environment is important as well as respect for the local culture.

We are PROFESSIONALS, safety is the first consideration. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We have the only A.E.D., depth sounder, G.P.S., satellite phone, V.H.F. radio, redundant oxygen supplies, sickness, injury and evacuation insurance included in the cost of diving through a custom policy, in Vietnam.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] We STICK to STANDARDS.

English is mandatory, French is useful and Russian a plus but not necessary for the right candidate.

What we are prepared to give

Health and accident insurance
: A living wage, plus commissions on bookings, housing and meals, maid and laundry. Good diving year round, though we have a rainy season in November thru January. I can provide incredible discounts on equipment. Any additional training we can provide for cost. Lots of days off as we are coming into the rainy season.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] This is intended to be a long term position with year round employment.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Annual bonus if we actually make money. (Which I do expect!)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Commissions are 10% in the shop, 20 % out of the shop, minus course material costs....push SSI, more commissions!

What we expect

Professionalism in all regards, enthusiasm, pleasant attitude, NO DRUGS, (Immediate termination). Minimal drinking. Smokers are o.k. No excessive piercings or tattoos. 8 hours shop time, doing rentals and bookings when the boat does not go out. 3 hours shop time when it does this will be rotated among the western staff. A day off per week, but if we are busy that will have to be saved for the time when we are not. Since we have 5 dive sites within 6 Km of the shop we may do an afternoon dive as well. This will depend on the market.

Let me be clear, this place is pretty remote...though we do have internet.

There are few cheap local restaurants, though there are several 3-4 star resorts, and about 12 small hotels.

This place will develop dramatically in the next year or two as there are about 1000 more hotel rooms being built.

All most all of the island is national park, as are the 16 small surrounding islands.

If you are the type who likes to kick back and read a book, (Bring your own, there are none here!) or go hiking this is the place for you. If you are a party person forget about it.

The staff will number about five people.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Please tell us a bit about your diving background.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Number of dives? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] What conditions? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Knowledge of equipment and compressors? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] Number of dives you been leader?

If you do not take the time to answer these questions, you can be assured you will not get an answer.

We will need you in Vietnam in January.

I would prefer that you own your own gear, you are a professional after all, but I can supply it as you buy piece by piece if necessary.

Prefer female, late 20`s early thirties. Experience and maturity count.

I am sorry to say, because of the large number of applicants only short listed people will be contacted, but I will read everything sent to me.

Please do not tell me you are detail oriented when your resume and cover letter are full of spelling and grammatical errors. Spell check works, even if you are not a native speaker of English.

I have given a fair amount of information here; I would like to know why THIS job is for YOU.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If you are extremely over qualified, this may not work out.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“The more often you agree with me, the fewer times you will be wrong.”[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Thanks
Larry[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] PADI MSDT/SSI DCSI[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] EFR Instructor

If you are interested please send your c.v. and a photo ( Please re-size the photos, 3 megs takes 10 minutes to download here) to[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] info@dive-condao.com[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] www.dive-condao.com
[/FONT]

Did you ever fill these positions?

Well I pm'd a chat w/ Larry and it looks like his Op is a go. From the website it also looks like his staff is fleshed out, so hiring is done. Maybe time to close this topic?

Hi slober..
I for some reason never saw your post, my apologies..Smurf, I would like to keep the posting up, as I know more about the market I may increase the staff....There are very few who repond from the PADI board who are qualified, and the SSI board generates very few responses. My general feeling is that a respondent from S.B. is interested in learning more then agency xyz taught him or her and is therefore more likely to be somebody I would want in my shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom