SSI OW cert checkout dives in Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pwmcon

New
Reaction score
Hi,
My girlfriend is getting the class and pool done here in USA with SSI.
Does anyone know of what operators would do her check out dives and complete the certification. We are going in December.
Any idea what it costs?
thanks in advance
Pete

Where in Belize are you going?

Hi,
AC for 4 days maybe more if we like it, then maybe head inland for 3-4 more days.

I don't know much about the dive shops on AC, but while inland check out the inner tubing you can do on underground caves.

...but this generally isn't an issue. I did my class/pool work with an SSI dive shop here in Dallas and did my open water dives in Cozumel with a PADI shop. You will have to get an open water referral from the shop she's doing her class work with, which can run anywhere from $50-75. Then she will need to contact a dive shop on AC to arrange her open water referral dives. Since she's doing SSI, the AC dive shop will sign the paperwork verifying that she completed the open water dives, then she will need to bring it back to the local dive shop to send it in so she can retain the SSI certification.

I dove with Amigos del Mar on AC--they get consistently good reviews and I was happy with their service. Their open water referral is $225, but you may be able to negotiate if you do more diving with them and they also have special pricing depending on what hotel you're at. Here is their website:

http://www.AmigosDive.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom