SSI side mount instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rick00001967

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i am curious what would be involved in becoming a side mount instructor with SSI.

i assume that you would have to first achieve open water instructor status. but i also assume it is not as simple as then taking the side mount specialty, co-teaching one or two classes and boom, you are now a side mount instructor.......or is it.

sorry guys. i am very new to the idea of entering the SSI pro ranks and am very curious about this as i think it may be a path i should consider.

thx for any info you can offer

rick

nothin ?? is it because no one knows the answer or is it a really stupid question. sorry if it sounds like a stupid question, but i really am interested and can't seem to find that info online.

I don't know about SSI, but for PADI you must be a current and insured instructor and supply proof of a minimum of 50 sidemount dives (rec sidemount only). Or have sidemount cert from another agency or sidemount inst qual from another agency and crossover. SDI is and application through HQ.

Back
Top Bottom