St. Andrews Jetties: Dive Report 5/20/06

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bennedc:
Oh, Stu.

Which one were you? Were you one of the guys over at the shower talking about planning an Oriskany trip?

I was at the pavillion closest to the beach. We had the table closest to the showers. I had the rolling tool box as my dive box. My friend was the one who brought the watermellon. Not sure if any of this will ring a bell though.

No, no bells, sorry. I was in my own little world for the most part...

My own little world contains hotdogs!

yuronlyone:
what exactly is the vortoberfest?
A bunch of SBers meet at Vortex Springs and play together. The Kraken started this thing last year. We might even have T-shirts this year :D.

Nice to see others getting in the split pea soup we call the Gulf. Maybe we can fin fast enough to send this stuff back out to sea :thumb:.

Should be the same weekend as last year.

We took the table at the far end from the food, on the beach side.

I had 2 enjoyable dives. On the 2nd we saw a school of barracuda fry, little guys maybe 1.5 inches long, hundreds of them. We saw sheepshead, grouper, redfish, one puffer, spanish mackeral, crabs, queen angels, spades & an assortment of tiny ornamental types, as well as sea urchins everywhere.

Vis was spectacular!!! Here's a pic PHD took of me:

FWIW, my wife couldn't take the viz. She bailed on the 1st dive. She's a fairly new diver, hasn't had much experience with crappy viz yet so the comfort factor wasn't there.

photohikedive:
which was?

Sometime in October I think, do a search for Vortoberfest in the Dixie Diver's forum and it should pop up the thread from last year.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom