St. Croix was great

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xroirat

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Returning to chilly New England after a week in St. Croix was difficult. Fortunately, I have several hundred photographs to keep my memories fresh (gotta love digital cameras). My first trip to the Caribbean and St. Croix was a relaxing no-hassle location. I dove every other day with the folks from Anchor Dive Center at Salt River Marina. Great folks. Dive masters Glen and Wiz were attentive and sociable. The dive boat, M/V Deliverance, captained by Brian, aka Sparky, performed flawlessly and was set up (with a walk-through transom) for easy giant stride entries. The dive sites around Salt River make for great recreational dives, lots of pretty coral and plenty of fishes and other critters to see. The sites are within close proximity to the marina so the boat actually returns to port during dive intervals. We stayed at nearby Villa Margarita so had only a 5 minute drive to the shop. I would definitely go back to St. Croix and would dive with ADC again.
Jim

Dove with them quite a few years ago and had the same sort of experience. It may not be the best diving on St. Croix but you sure can't beat the convenience!

Hey Jim,

Agree wholeheartedly about the ease of diving with Anchor. They also saved us quite a bit on our hotel costs at Carambola. Booking through Anchor saved us a bundle vs going directly with Carambola.

All the staff at Anchor was great, Wiz, Sparky etc.
Was Scott still at Anchor? Had a great time diving with him last year.

Diving off-shore of St. Croix is good recreational diving, but with a tad more effort getting there, diving in Dominica will blow you away. We've organized a trip to Dominica in August and are going to do it again in November/December. Want of come?

We were on St. Croix for our third visit March 28 thru April 4, 2009. We did our diving all as shore dives at Cane Bay this trip. We rented a house two doors east of the Cane Bay Reef Club and a nice little Nissan Frontier pickup from Budget this trip. The wall there is great, and the whole island seems much more spruced up than our 2002 visit; the revamp of the cruise ship pier and facelift of Fredrikstead had just begun when we visited in 2006.

I agree that Dominica has some great diving too though, as do lots of spots around the globe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom