St Croix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BlueMoon

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone dove St Croix. Going there in late Oct. and trying to see what type of diving to expect.
Thanks,Mark:idk::coffee:

Dive with Cane Bay Scuba... You will have the time of your life... Stay at Cane Bay... dont waste you time downtown... PM me and I will tell you lots more... Am raelly jealous

Just got back from St. Croix (August) from another trip there and we can't recommend SCUBA (St. Croix Ultimate Bluewater Adventures) enough. They're easily the best dive shop we've ever been with. Their motto is the friendliest dive shop on earth and they really live up to it. I had emailed Ed back in May and he helped us set up a dive package that included staying at a great hotel, the Palms, and our roundtrip tickets. The price was incredible and you would have thought that at that low of a price it would be a cut rate operation but that certainly wasn't the case.

Their boats are really comfortable and they have two of them, one in Christiansted and the other in Frederiksted so it was never a very long ride.

Their staff is incredible. They did everything from setting up our gear (something that I'd normally not be that comfortable with), to rinsing and storing it for us. And underwater they seemed to know where everything was, including some incredible sea horses. They never rushed us dive and we could dive our computer profiles. When we got back on the boat the Captain was even serving pineapple and handing out bottled water.

I can't say enough good things about SCUBA.

I am a Padi Instructor in St Croix and not associated with any dive shop, meaning an honest opinion. If you have not booked a place then I recommend Cottages by the Sea and ask for their dive package special. If you want to save money then email me and I will tell you how to get more diving done for 1/2 the price. I can also help you with any tours, the must see/ to do things and any airport transfers. Do not use the local taxi's because the taxis are not metered and you will get screwed.

If you haven't left yet or you're there now, I have to recommend N2theBlue (West end) and S.C.U.B.A. (Northshore in Christiansted). N2theBlue is owned by fellow Texans. You'll be right at home. On the day I went out with them there wound up being 5 divers from Tx on the boat. Needles to say we had a great time. And don't miss diving the wall at Cane Bay.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom