St Lucia - Diving !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Suzuki416

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Guys,

It looks as if I'm off to St Lucia to get married next Feb (29th). Only question is - Whats the diving like? :D

Pete

I loved it when I was there. I was only on a cruise ship so I only got in three dives. They have a lot of little stuff like frogfish and seahorses. the dives also had some great color. I did a great drift dive at the base of the pitons called supermans flight. I think you will really enjoy it.

Have a look in the Lesser Antilles section under this same Greater-Caribbean-Bermuda section. There have been some trip reports and discussions on St Lucia in the past months/year. These include opinions of the dives and sites, topside, and hotels.

Some love St. Lucia. I thought it was average but not bad diving. I have dived better islands and worse ones. It also depends on what you want from the dives.

Supermans flight and sites around the Pitons were the better dives.

Not as good as Grand Cayman or Coz but better than Negril. Did a week with Sandals a few years back. Best dive was the wreck of the Lesleen M. Some nice little walls. Better sites seem to be on the south west corner of the island. Vis was so-so. 40-60ft ish. Water temps in August were low 80s F.
Island was over fished and they had an issue with the fishermen killing sharks so reef life was mostly small. If I were to do it again I'd stay father south by Soufriere and go with a private dive op.

Agreed not as good as coz or g.c but if you take everything topside and uderwater it is a great place for you to get married. As for the vis I was there in Jan. so we had much better than editmojo. It was closer to 75-80ft for me. Don't expect a bunch of sharks just slow down and enjoy the small critters.

So how much diving were you planing? I know you Brits tend to take a few weeks holiday, so you could get some serious diving done if the new spouse allows.

Didn't stay there but Jade Mt and Anse Chastanet looked like very nice places to honeymoon and have a dive shop on-site. I heard it was 400+ steps down to the beach though. My knees would not appreciate that.

So how much diving were you planing? I know you Brits tend to take a few weeks holiday, so you could get some serious diving done if the new spouse allows.

Was kinda hoping to get married between dives :D

isn't that what a surface interval is for?

Was kinda hoping to get married between dives :D

isn't that what a surface interval is for?

I'd be more worried about my Carnal interval...

Spent a month there last year and went with Frog's Diving. Nothing over the top to see, but we enjoyed ourselves and had some good dives. If you have any questions PM me.

Back
Top Bottom