St Lucia info needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubanurse

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello everbody,
My husband and I are going to St Lucia in April. We will be staying at Marigot Beach and Dive Resort, and diving with Dive Fair Helen. I have read good reports here about Dive Fair Helen but have'nt really seen anything about the resort. If anyone has stayed at this resort or in Marigot Bay, I would love suggestions on places to eat, and shop in the immediate area. Also what is the best way to see other parts of the island? Does anyone have favorite dive spots around this area. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I thought I'd post here to get this thread active again. As you can see I'm headed to St. Lucia in a few months and am interested if anyone has any info/advice for scubanurse.

Also, Scubanurse, be sure to let us know how the trip goes and the answers you find out to your questions after you get back so that those of us going after you can benefit from your experience.
Thanks

The Goat Show:
Also, Scubanurse, be sure to let us know how the trip goes and the answers you find out to your questions after you get back so that those of us going after you can benefit from your experience.
Thanks
I will be sure and post a trip report when we get back. It has been difficult to find info about diving in St Lucia. I am really looking forward my trip.

scubanurse:
I will be sure and post a trip report when we get back. It has been difficult to find info about diving in St Lucia. I am really looking forward my trip.

I was there a year ago with my wife. I can not comment on the place you are staying or the shop you are diving with, but I can say the diving was good. Mostly small stuff, but colorfull. We did see 1 turtle though. The island was nice too. We were there for a week and we will be going back sometime.

daveg1:
I was there a year ago with my wife. I can not comment on the place you are staying or the shop you are diving with, but I can say the diving was good. Mostly small stuff, but colorfull. We did see 1 turtle though. The island was nice too. We were there for a week and we will be going back sometime.

So where did you stay?
I'm staying at the Sandals Grande resort. If anyone has any experiences with this resort or other St. Lucia advice in general I'd appreciate it.
Thanks

We stayed at Sandals Hancyon. So you will be giving on the same boats. What Sandals does is they have 1 dive shop/dock in town and bus people from the 3 locations to the one dock. You will be about 5 to 10 min from the dock at the grand.

I'm sure you will love the place, I know we did. Just don't try to carry your bag to your room. LOL

Also the 2 tank dive is much better than the 1 tank trip. All the good sites we went to were on the south end of the island. On the 1 tank they dont go far enough south. They only seem to go far enough on the 2 tank trip.

I've been to the Sandals Grande and had a killer time. The diving is just ok at best. Typical resort stuff. Go around the island and eat some of the native food. Definitlely do the 2 tank trips. However, you'll be required to do a single tank trip so they can assess your "diveworthyness."

bump....any other experiences in St.Lucia?

I was in St Lucia just last month for 1 day (Cruise Ship Diving). I thought the diving was very good. Like somebody said "small fish and lots of coral". I did see two thing that I've never seen a school of squid, and a "fire worm". It sounds like the initial testing of your abilities is a island wide event. My wife and I both had to do flooded mask test, and regulator retrieval BEFORE they would let us go on a dive. I questioned the Dive Master later and she indicated that they test everybody no matter what your certification level is. I didn't have much time to see the island, but what I did see makes me want to go back for a week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom