St. Lucia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjb

Reaction score
Has anyone out there dived the wall beneath the Pitons in St. Lucia? If you have, how did it compare to other dive sites in St. Lucia?Any recommendations for dive operators that might be willing to pick us up at the cruise dock in Castries? Also, I would like to hear about diving experience in St. Lucia in general.

Personally, I don't think much of St. Lucia diving, but if you're there by all means do a little.

Yes, I've dived the wall beneath the Pitons. It's in the marine park & sometimes called "Superman's Flight" because it's a drift dive. It's not Bloody Bay Wall off Little Cayman or the breath-takers off San Salvador, but it's decent.

Frog's Scuba Diving in Castries should be able to accommodate you. If you see the owner, Andre Omer, tell him I said, "Hello."

Happy New Year.

DocVikingo

I dove the wall under the Pitons. It was a good dive not great. It is more of a rubble strewn extension of the Pitons than a vertical wall in the traditional sense. Nice gentle current. Lots of urchins, crabs and lobsters. The ride from Castries is about 40 minutes if I remember correctly. There is a water taxi between Castries and Soufriere. I think it runs every hour. The dive op at Anse Chastanet is very good and I can highly recommend them. The resort sits right at the base of the Pitons and very near Soufriere. Let me know if I can be of any other help.

My wife and I just got back from St Lucia last night. This was our first saltwater dive experience so I have nothing to compare it to, but we loved it. we did seven dives in five days there. We did a reef dive in the 'Bay of Pigs', a wall dive in an area they called 'Sephoria Cove', a wreck dive at the 'Lesleen M', a reef dive at 'South Beach', a night dive at 'South Beach', a reef dive at the 'Piton Gardens', and a reef dive at 'Keyhole Pinnacles'. We stayed at Sandals Halcyon and all of the dive trips, and gear, was included in the price so we thought we should take full advantage of the situation. Sandals has a nice 46' dive boat and it usually only took us about a half hour to get from Castries to the Pitons. We loved all of the sites that they took us too, but I'm afraid that my opinion is not very valid since I have yet to see anything else.

twoDivers once bubbled...
We loved all of the sites that they took us too, but I'm afraid that my opinion is not very valid since I have yet to see anything else.

On the contrary! My fiance and I will be going to Sandles on St. Lucia for our honeymoon in April, and it will be our first ocean diving as well! So, for us, your opinions are not only valid, but extremely topical! (Besides, ALL opinions are valid ... some are uninformed, but that's a differant problem entirely!)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom