St. Lucia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hi sorry for the delayed response. i'll be staying up at almond smuggler's cove. i know that scuba steve is 5 minutes from there. i've been doing some investigating---there are just a lot of choices. 5 star doesn't necessarily mean anything, besides, i'm travelling with my own gear, and i don't like the idea of anyone handling my stuff (had a problem in coz with that). when are you moving? any chance of meeting and getting a tour?

diverjean

i've been looking at them--can you give me a reason why i should choose them over anyothers?

diverjean

If you are in St Lucia you may look into Island Divers. They have multiple locations but I stay at Tikaye(heaven on Earth) and use the shop there. It isn't Bonaire. By law you have to have a local DM with you. Here is the issue, if you can get Lester as the DM, or Jem(the manager) go. Lester could find atlantis underwater if they would let him. At my last trip there was a new DM there also. Won't mention name because he is a fine young man and a pleasure to be around top side. He is just not in the same ballpark with Lester. However! It depends on what you want. If you want someone just to go down with the group, be out of the way, let you go where you want and just ensure a safety stop, there you have a lot of freedom with him and that's bad either.
thanks--you don't know if they have a site up around castries? i'll be staying a smuggler's cove.

I Will be working for a construction company based out of the US. We will be envolved with new construction at a development on the east side of the island.

I'm a teacher and it's spring break. I got (hopefully) a good deal staying all-inclusive at Almond's smugglers cove. I looking forward to deco stops as well--like cycling to the falls, a trip down to Sufriere.

I'm in St Lucia right now and have been here for a month and have been diving with Frog's.Tommy and his crew have been great.Tim our divemaster just broke his ankle on Saturday,so Tommy has been taking us out as of late.My family has no complaints any questions feel free to ask.Leaving the island Saturday.May not get back to you till I get home.

Diving for a month? SWEET. I've been looking at Frog's. Youre actually the second person that mentioned them. It gives me a lot to think about.
Thanks
diverjean

My experiece with Frogs has been positive.If you have any specific questions you would like answered please ask I will try an answer them.We all have specific likes and dislikes about operators for me and my family Frogs worked but I've had no experience with any of the other operators on the island.

Back
Top Bottom