St. Maartens 2010-AquaMania/Dive Adventures

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTub

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Vinny is the Master of dive arrangements leaving from the Dutch side - although the island is small enough that all operators have excursions all around the island. AquaMania=Dive Adventures. In 2004, on this board, a local diver recommended Vinny - I just got back from St. Maartens. 8 dives in 7 days - incl 3 on Saba and a night dive. Also took time for some snorkeling at Creole Rock. Vinny is THE MASTER of dive operators on the island and HIGHLY recommended if you are leaving from the Dutch side. Also is regarded on Saba - previously associated with Sea Saba.

Vinny has a great staff, from the receptionists to the PADI Instructors, Dive Masters, and boat operators. Knowledgable, accommodating & professional.

They are NOT easy to find - they are on the dock at the Pelican Resort on Simpson Bay. Ask a local to direct you there.

If you have questions, contact me.

Attachments

• AquaMania.JPG
    AquaMania.JPG
    395.2 KB · Views: 96
ScubaTub - hey you have a picture of my timeshare condo! You didn't stay at Pelican Resort? Nice place, if you go back, and for me, being 3 floors above the dive shop is very convenient! But like many other places in the world, road signs are virtually non-existent. Have used AquaMania in the past and very much enjoyed my dives with them. My buddy (the drama queen) forgot her c-card and the staff kindly made calls to NAUI to get a copy sent down so we could dive.

Where did you dive in Saba and did you take the stomach-dropping plane ride or the vomit-comet ferry? Saba was my first real dive destination loved it!

Jersey,

I stay at the Sea Palace in Phillipsburg. Hopping place for the Heineken Regatta.

Great dives at Saba. I used Lynn & John's established operation at Sea Saba. It is an advanced dive center and I was exposed to some great advanced diving. I flew over on WinAir, but the flights are unreliable because of unpredictable winds, so I had booked a boat ride back on The Edge - from your dock. (Vinny at Aqua Mania had arranged for a boat to take me from the dock back to the airport to get my car - another great plug for the service that Vinny provides). I'm glad I was prepared because the flight back WAS canceled because of winds. Saba boasts the shortest international runway in the World.

If I return, then I will spend more time at Saba to explore the many great dive sites and more deep dives on the pinnacle's walls. I did 3 dives in one day, so I was happy with Sea Saba.

Attachments

• DSCN8074.jpg
    DSCN8074.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 37
  • PICT0115.jpg
    PICT0115.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 24
  • PICT0147.jpg
    PICT0147.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 33
  • PICT0157.jpg
    PICT0157.jpg