St thomas in the begining of december wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi!

You can expect temps in the high 70's deg F to, if lucky, 80 deg F. I suggest a 3mil, although I have seen everything from shorts and t-shirt to 5mil that time of year.

If you have not made any dive arrangements, consider going with Blue Island Divers. The are on the west side of the island, a much less dived area. One site there that is particullarly nice is Flat Top East. It is non-stop wonders all the way! What is especially nice are the Spotted Drums that just put on a show for you.

Also, if you are looking for an excellent dinner, albeit not cheap, try Hervey's. It overlooks the port up in the hills near town. Great view, great service and wonderful food. A little less pricey (really, a lot less) is the Texas Barbeque. They are located in two spots: Red Hook, near Chris Sawyer's Dive Shop and in town not far from the seaplane terminal. Great barbeque! The Agave is nice, too. It, too, is "upscale" and parking is an adventure! But the food is great.

I mentioned Chris Sawyer: he has a very good dive shop on the east end of the island. I can recommend his shop if you are diving there. But I think the diving is much better on the west end. One outfit that you should have second thoughts about is Aqua Safaris. They have a great logo, but they tend to cater to cruise ships; thus, the number of divers aboard the boat is in the neighborhood of 40! That is a very busy neighborhood!

If you are looking for a reasonably nice shore dive, try Coki Beach. You can get tanks at Sawyer's and ask for directions. It is not too far. Parking is catch as catch can; the walk to the beach is a little harrowing as you pass by some locals and a lot of sun bathers. But all in all, it is a decent dive.

Scorpionfish

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom