St. Thomas/St. John Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HornDiver

Reaction score
Hi -

Posted a question on 7/7 and really appreciate all the feedback.

Dove with Low-Key on St. John and would definitely recommend this outfit. Fun group of people, easy to work with, knowledgeable, safe, and very efficient dive op.

Did two boat dives with them, first at Mingo Cay (50ft max) and second at Stephen's Cay (35 ft max). As early posts mentioned, the dives are shallow and there's virtually no current, nor much big stuff to see. Of course, this was my first dive in almost 3 years so it was perfect for a refresher. I mentioned this to the DM's and one of the DM trainees helped me get re-acquainted on the first dive.

I wouldn't make this strictly a dive destination, but it was great since I was the only diver on the trip and the topside entertainment was perfect for the rest of the group. Beaches, bars and restaurants are great and very laid-back. If I ever get back I'll stay on St. John instead of St. Thomas and would probably dive there again as one of many activities.

HD

HornDiver:
I mentioned this to the DM's and one of the DM trainees helped me get re-acquainted on the first dive.

Who was DMing for them on your trip? I've dove both Mingo & Stephens Cays with them. Stephens makes a great night dive :)

Bob (the owner) drove the boat, there was another thin guy with short dark hair who appeared to be the "lead" DM and his name may be Pete. Along with them there were 3 DMs in training: Matt (who led the dives), a blong gal, and Molly who helped me. Really great bunch.

rblackburn:
Who was DMing for them on your trip? I've dove both Mingo & Stephens Cays with them. Stephens makes a great night dive :)

HornDiver:
Hi -

If I ever get back I'll stay on St. John instead of St. Thomas and would probably dive there again as one of many activities.

HD

Precisely.

Back
Top Bottom