St Thomas Trip Report 10/4 - 10/10

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maui Bound

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We just returned from St Thomas where we had four spectacular days of diving with Admiralty Dive Center.

We stayed at the Marriott Frenchmans Cove (traded our Aruba timeshare this year).

The diving in St Thomas was outstanding and made really enjoyable by Admiralty Dive Center. Many thanks to Duane, Paul, Kevin, Dave, and Brad. Admiralty picked us up each morning at the Marriott dock. We were able to leave our gear on the boat each day and they took it back to the shop and rinsed it for us. We were very pleased to get a dry wet suit the next day.

The conditions were excellent with fantastic visability. Our sites included:

Kennedy Barge wreck - complete with two bottlenose dolphins
Sprat Point
Miss Opportunity wreck
Captains Nightmare reef
WIT Shoal wreck
Eastwind reef (also known as Chrysler)
Armandos Paradise reef
Navy Barges - wreck

Water temps were a balmy 84 degrees with visability 100+.

A great place to dive with a class outfit.

Thanks for the trip report! Sounds like you had a great time.

Did you venture to any other islands? I'm planning my first trip to the USVI in January and am trying to decide between St John and St Croix. Any thoughts?

If you want to go to dive, go to St. Croix. If you want snorkeling and a small town feel, go to St. John. Croix has the best diving in the USVI. I go to all of the VI evrey year, in fact I'll be in St. Maarten Wednesday afternoon, Anguilla on Monday, St. Thomas on Tuesday and Tortola on Thursday. My job and I love it. I hope to squeeze a couple of dives in. The Rhone in BVI is always fun.

We only stayed on St Thomas. I do know some folks who dove St Croix a couple of years ago and enjoyed it.

Any time I can dive in 85 degree water with 80+ vis, I think its great. Beats 42 degrees in New England.

Have fun in Jan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom