Stacked Hulls Kingston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey,

i did this dive several times earier in the season. Its around a 20min swim and has a max depth of around 50.

eric

Thanks Eric, I guess it's a surface swim? I wouldn't have enough air on a single, right?

Eric__U:
hey,

i did this dive several times earier in the season. Its around a 20min swim and has a max depth of around 50.

eric

Sirius Diver:
Thanks Eric, I guess it's a surface swim? I wouldn't have enough air on a single, right?

Normally there is too much surface traffic for it to be a surface swim.

From personal experience, you can just barely do the whole dive submerged on a single tank.

And by "just barely" I mean make the 20min swim out, spend about one minute on the wreck, make the 20min swim back in, and finish with about 5-700 left in the tank.

On the other hand, given the amount of surface traffic, some people would consider this a virtual overhead dive (i.e. going directly to the surface in an emergency isin't an option), in which case your buddie's single won't have enough gas to get you back to shore underwater if a problem develops.

Jamie

we did the dive underwater to the hulls. There is a trend further back about where the line starts. We did it with doubles. around 60min bt

Eric__U:
we did the dive underwater to the hulls. There is a trend further back about where the line starts. We did it with doubles. around 60min bt

Thanks for all your help! Maybe this should be a boat dive, hehe...

Or, at least a warning of some sort put on the site advising about the hazards (long swim, potentially dangerous level of surface traffic, etc) to prevent well-meaning out-of-towners from trying to do the dive because they saw it listed as a shore site. I've personally had to talk a few people out of regarding it as a nice easy Marine-Museum-ish shore site.

Back
Top Bottom