stacked hulls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric__U

Contributor
Reaction score
hey

I was lucky enough to do a dive with Tom R and James P on the stacked hulls today. Wow! what an amazing dive, good vis, sun out and no other divers. Definitely recommend this dive to anyone with the proper experience and equipment. It’s only a shame how lines were cut and numerous jumps were needed, guess that is a growing trend.

Eric

Eric__U:
hey,

I was lucky enough to do a dive with Tom R and James P on the stacked hulls today. Wow, what an amazing dive, good vis, sun out and no other divers. Definetly reccomed this dive to any one with the proper gear. Its only a shame how lines were cut and numerous jumps were needed, guess that is a growing trend.

eric

The GLUE Dive club sent a team out last year and re-ran the lines after some one had destroyed the old lines. Now at least I know it's good to go. Here are a couple of pics sorry I didn't bring lights or shoot in digital.

Just another example of a DIR confernce, we dove, discussed it and made plans for the next one.

Man, I've got to get a bigger tank... On an AL80, I can just make it out to the first hull, but I get all of a minute or so to poke around before I have to head back.

Jamie

Tom R:
That's one. Three hulls out there and you pass one on the way.
Where is the entrance and where does the line start? Does anyone have a map?

DPVDiver:
Where is the entrance and where does the line start? Does anyone have a map?

Enter the water behind the coast guard station at the pebble beach. Once in the water drop down to the sand bottom max 10ft more like 7ft and follow the shoreline west to the pipes. Follow the pipes out. The pipes are broken part. Keep following the left side lengths of pipe. At the end of the last length there is a line, follow the line to the anchor (seen in one of Toms pictures). At the anchor is a second line follow the line out. Half way out there is a break in the line. It is tied off to a post. Look to your left and ahead by 10ft to 15ft. There is a second post. The third section of line is tied in here. This line will take you out to the wreck: Max depth approx 50ft. It is a 20 minute swim to wreck. Manage your gas accordingly.

As Tom mentioned we had run a continuous line out to the site but some local divers took to slicing and dicing the line. However, it was encouraging to see that other divers had made a point of repairing the breaks. You just have the one jump to contend with, approx halfway out. I would recommend that you tie in a jump reel between the 2 post, just in case you get vised out. Enjoy folks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom