stacked hulls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eric__U:
i wouldn't reccomed doing it on a single tank.

Why not?

You've got a straight shot to the surface if you mis-guess how much air you'll need, as long as you respect NDLs to keep that a viable option.

So there's no overhead (hard, shipping, or physiological) that would call for the increased redundancy (Which isin't to say that redundancy is bad, but switching up to doubles is a game I'm not ready for yet); I just need a bit more air so that I have more than a hundred psi or so to look around once I actually get to the hulls.

Jamie

I thought this Stacked Hulls was in the approach to Portsmouth Harbour?
I sure wouldn't wanna be popping up infront of that. and I would think towing a dive flag / and or shooting an SMB would be a hazard to navigation.

You could surface in an emergency, but like artw said somthing could happen especially in summer months.

If some one is planning to dive there, take a look at the object on the anchor, it will suprise you!

artw:
hmm I see some wreck contact on the 3rd picture. not very DIR :58:

lol just doing a little house cleaning. If you get on to the anchor you should take a look at the stampings on it. They are very interesting.

It will also be interesting to see how much smoke will be trailing you on your DIRf. :dazzler1: Catch you on the flip side dude.

jrtonkin:
Why not?

You've got a straight shot to the surface if you mis-guess how much air you'll need, as long as you respect NDLs to keep that a viable option.

So there's no overhead (hard, shipping, or physiological) that would call for the increased redundancy (Which isin't to say that redundancy is bad, but switching up to doubles is a game I'm not ready for yet); I just need a bit more air so that I have more than a hundred psi or so to look around once I actually get to the hulls.

Jamie

This is the kind of thinking that has caused a lot of the trouble in Rockport. You should have enough gas to complete the dive safely. Please play safe folks. We do not want to get in the way of the yachts. If you were surfacing you would not hear a sail boat coming.

JamesP:
lol just doing a little house cleaning. If you get on to the anchor you should take a look at the stampings on it. They are very interesting.

It will also be interesting to see how much smoke will be trailing you on your DIRf. :dazzler1: Catch you on the flip side dude.
I've seen him dive.... I think you may be pleasantly surprised. But then again he may end up being the surprised one, and perhaps not as pleasantly....... :)

Back
Top Bottom