Stainless Steel Buckles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MFarrar

Reaction score
Does anyone remember the Scubapro "5 piece" stainles buckles for 2" webbing. It was a hinge pin buckle with welded (not peened) tabs on the ends of the pin. Very heavy duty stuff. I still have one laying around.

More to the point, does anyone know where such a buckle can be found these days? Most everything I see is plastic or stamped metal.

thanks,

Fredt sells SS buckles to go along with his bp on the American Underwater Lighting site.

AUL Site

This may be close to what you are looking for.

RJ

Halcyon and Dive Rite also offer a SS buckel

Eric

Fred's other hardware, like his keepers & D-rings, are all laser cut out of heavy sheet stock. (2x-3x the thickness of the cheezy stamped stuff) They're a delight to behold even if you're not one of the hardcore hardware geeks who describe them in terms of being an art form.
:wink:

Bob3 once bubbled...
Fred's other hardware, like his keepers & D-rings, are all laser cut out of heavy sheet stock. (2x-3x the thickness of the cheezy stamped stuff) They're a delight to behold even if you're not one of the hardcore hardware geeks who describe them in terms of being an art form.
:wink:

They aren't sharp or anything right...how do they compair in edge radius to really nice beefy round D-rings?

I like the edge radius of the keepers & billy rings as-is, (kind of square, but not sharp) there is no burr as with the stamped.
If you prefer a more rounded radius it's easy enough to hit them with a file & emery cloth, as they have sufficient material thickness to take on a decent radius.
The best part is no welded joints, they're cut from 1 single piece of stock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom