Stainless steel Goodman handles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scottk

Reaction score
Hey,

If anyone needs one, I did a small run of 25 stainless steel Goodman handles to replace the corroding aluminum units on EE lights. They are made of .100" 316L, and strong enough to stand on (well, maybe not Dinky Dave).

Also, if you own a Green Force, I am going to be making a few (as of now 6 pieces) Delrin adaptors to attach the 10w head. If you want one, ping me, as it will be a while before I do another batch.

Any of you home builders need one or two handles w/adaptors or an odd diameter, ping me with details and I'll see about adapting yours.

Scott

http://www.selchie.com/whats_new_and_custom_stuff.htm

Good job.

There is a market for single tank wings btw. Just one player now. Might be a good opportunity.

Take it easy,
Peter Doege

Nice work Scott! I, like many others, are awaiting the singles wing. Where can one find a little knife like the one in the picture for the handle? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

wetman once bubbled...
Is it the same width as the halcyons? I find mind a smidge too small for when i have thick gloves on. If yours was a smidge bigger it might be just right.

steve

It's like pulling teeth to get those cavers to think about us cold-water divers!! :)

It always felt like a snug fit to me in 5mil wet gloves, but in drygloves, the Halcyon handle fits well.

I talked to someone who told me he was the product manager at halcyon - he mentioned a cold water goodman in a month or so. But, as always in diving, never hold your breath. I can't believe no one else has brought this up before - and it only needs another quarter inch or so but it would make a huge difference. Having looked at the other handles for different manufacturers, they all seem to be adjustable in the width direction - which only makes sense i think.

Oh well, you cant expect much for a 1000 dollar flashlight.

steve

Steve,
Not sure, you could email Scott and ask. Cold water modifications are a little slow to happen with some the warmer water mfg. DR just introductd an OPV for argon for example,
Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom