Stand for Fathom?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt S

Registered
Reaction score
Is there a stand available for the Fathom? I recall seeing a picture of one and a teaser about availability, but I can no longer find the source. I think it might have been you @kensuf? Google has been no help.

I'm currently using the tech rig with AL40's, which make the unit able to stand nicely while donning it, either in the back of my car or on the central table on the dive boat that I frequent. I'm thinking about moving to LP50's and would hate to lose that stability.

Thanks for any help.

There's a guy in eastern Europe that was making stands and one of them fit the Fathom in the tech config quite well. I'm not sure he's still doing it though.

@ddunlop had one for sale last summer. No idea if it's still available or he has a line on a source.

Thanks, @kensuf and @Scubapeks. Both Grzegorz and Michel got back to me and are producing Fathom stands. I hope they don't mind my sharing the pictures they sent. Here's the stand from Grzegorz:

420062897_755583342784768_5228382018314257238_n.jpg

and the stand from Michel:

418792782_1198826587745319_4949087355400895771_n.jpg

There's a guy in eastern Europe that was making stands and one of them fit the Fathom in the tech config quite well.

@kensuf just looking at the picture, it doesn't seem like it would accommodate the tech config. My can is 5 5/8 (144mm) off the ground with AL40s and would need to be a little higher with LP50s. Do you have that much clearance with the stand? I've also asked Grzegorz for that dimension.

I know two people with the stand by Grzegorz with 50's and they work and fit well.

I have a Michel Charriere stand myself. IMHO the pinch bolt isnt located well for tech rig configuration.

Here's the stand from Grzegorz:

420062897_755583342784768_5228382018314257238_n.jpg
Could you ask him if he does custom? I'm interested in getting one for my Fathom too. I have my lp50 attached pretty low. The one in the picture doesn't have enough clearance for my setup.

Thanks, @kensuf and @Scubapeks. Both Grzegorz and Michel got back to me and are producing Fathom stands. I hope they don't mind my sharing the pictures they sent. Here's the stand from Grzegorz:

View attachment 823881

and the stand from Michel:

View attachment 823882

@kensuf just looking at the picture, it doesn't seem like it would accommodate the tech config. My can is 5 5/8 (144mm) off the ground with AL40s and would need to be a little higher with LP50s. Do you have that much clearance with the stand? I've also asked Grzegorz for that dimension.

I only use the stand I got from Grzegorz in the LP50/tech config. It fits fine.

Could you ask him if he does custom? I'm interested in getting one for my Fathom too. I have my lp50 attached pretty low. The one in the picture doesn't have enough clearance for my setup.

yeah, that's my same concern.

Grzegorz said

the standard height is 10 cm (between the bars) if you want a smaller or larger size, I can also make it

And Michel said
I make to measure, I make the height you want!

I have a Michel Charriere stand myself. IMHO the pinch bolt isnt located well for tech rig configuration.
Good to know. It interferes with the left dil cylinder? Did you have to change the placement of the cylinder? Or is it just close?

@divingx How much clearance do you need for your LP50s? I need about 144mm for the AL40 and the LP50 are a bit taller. My AL40s are mounted with the top of the canister head just about at the start of the curve of the cylinders.

Back
Top Bottom