Stand for Fathom?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@divingx How much clearance do you need for your LP50s? I need about 144mm for the AL40 and the LP50 are a bit taller. My AL40s are mounted with the top of the canister head just about at the start of the curve of the cylinders.
I have mine mounted about the same way you do. I’ll measure it later today. I thought with AL40 it can stand on itself?

I only use the stand I got from Grzegorz in the LP50/tech config. It fits fine.
I'm trying to understand it fits with only 10cm of clearance. How high do you have your LP50s mounted? Sorry if I'm being dense.

I thought with AL40 it can stand on itself?
I do, but I want to move to the LP50s.

@divingx How much clearance do you need for your LP50s? I need about 144mm for the AL40 and the LP50 are a bit taller. My AL40s are mounted with the top of the canister head just about at the start of the curve of the cylinders.
My canister is about 5cm below the curve of my 50s, and it's about 10.5cm off ground. It kinda makes sense if yours are right at the curve. (The height difference is 1.5cm between AL40 and LP50)

I'm trying to understand it fits with only 10cm of clearance. How high do you have your LP50s mounted? Sorry if I'm being dense.

Beats me. High enough.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk but I'm not interested in spending the time to mount the LP50s and stand to simply measure them. I only dive that configuration in the summer (when it's ocean season!), feel free to ping me in June when the system is fully reconfigured and running.

Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk but I'm not interested in spending the time to mount the LP50s and stand to simply measure them. I only dive that configuration in the summer (when it's ocean season!),
I hardly think you're being jerk! I just didn't realize that you don't have you rig set up that way at the moment. But I now understand that people are putting their tanks higher than I am. I mount mine as pictured in this ScubaBoard post.

My canister is about 5cm below the curve of my 50s, and it's about 10.5cm off ground. It kinda makes sense if yours are right at the curve. (The height difference is 1.5cm between AL40 and LP50)

Got it. Thanks for the measurement.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom