Start Class Jan 11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matt, There are many shools of thought to that question. Since you have been snorkling you should have an idea what scuba diving is all about. On the other hand you must decide before purchasing anything, is this just a whim or are you actually going to pursue it. As you probably know the cost of the gear is quite high. I purchased my gear before my class started. This is why: 1) I knew that this sport is for me. 2) Learning to dive in you own gear will give you a head start on your diving after you complete the course because you beame familiar with it. 3) Purchase only the basic items.
I was fortunate to have an instructor at my LDS helped me select items of good quality and at a reasonable cost. Keep one thing in mind Name does not mean quality. Go to this web site and see what their test results are.
www.scubadiving.com
Welcome to Water World and have fun.

Joe

I'm new at diving but I just got tired or renting everything for just a couple hours in the water.
I bought new everthing I trained in exept bcd tanks & regulater.
35 dollar compared to 85 to rent now.
It'll pay for itself fast.
Plus I dive every 2 weeks or so.

Sea ya

After your OW class you will have a better idea. I'm a big man and I bought a wetsuit and a BC first so I could be sure I could dive I was afraid some shops wouldn't have wetsuits and BC's to fit me I rented regs and tanks. Now I have a set of regs to get me going just got tanks left. I didn't have the funds avalible to get the whole shooting match at once and still dive too

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom