• Welcome to ScubaBoard

  1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

    Benefits of registering include

    • Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

    Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Start Planning Your Next Mexican Cenote Trip!

Discussion in 'Trips and Marketplace: Shore based or group trips' started by vinegarbiscuit, Apr 26, 2020.

  1. vinegarbiscuit

    vinegarbiscuit Dive Shop

    # of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Location: Akumal, Mexico
    "When do we get to go diving again!?!"

    That's the question on the minds of every diver throughout our community as we are all reeling from this pandemic.

    For our part, my husband and I started our little Riviera Maya diving BnB so that we could create a comfortable "home away from home." We wanted to be the sort of destination that we would daydream about and look forward to visiting throughout our dry spells.

    And we were just starting to get busy when... well... you know.

    We have every confidence that our business, XOC-Ha (www.xoc-ha.com), is going to survive this and that we'll be here for our guests. But it would be a lie to say anything other than the austerity we're under with no income at all is pretty strict.

    Something else which we frequently talk about is our worry for all our friends and the community as a whole. We aren't the only ones staring down the barrel of financial upset. We know all of you are, too. And we worry for all the cave divers out there, who want nothing more than to visit the places they love, who might find it unjustly difficult to do so.

    In light of those factors, both in an effort to raise a few pesos to keep the lights on, and to offer the community a more affordable way back into the water as quickly as humanly possible, we have modified our package prices pretty heavily.

    The shortest possible version is that with any 7 night/5 day diving package you will get 2 days of guiding or instruction for free. If you simply come to stay with us, you'll get a day of free guiding.

    A 50% deposit will secure an open-ended, indefinite reservation with us for whenever it will be easiest for you to get here, whether it is the moment travel restrictions are lifted or sometime in the middle of 2022. That way you'll still have a home-away-from home to look forward to visiting (especially since, I'm sure, everyone will have had quite enough of "home" by then!).

    This pricing will be extended to everyone who has a pending trip here booked which had to be postponed and will stay active for as long as the travel bans are haunting us all.

    In the meantime: stay safe, stay healthy, and remember that sooner or later you will be getting in the water again.

    The cenotes aren't going anywhere.

    Attached Files:

    kierentec likes this.

Share This Page