Started DM

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DRomano

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ive started working on my DM. Ive already turned some items in. I hope to be complete by this summer maybe a little later. I will watch this thread to get some good advice.

Good luck and have fun with with the class. Remember to be prepared for your tests and be aware of all requirements on the skills before attempting them. Enjoy the program.

Congrats on getting started. When I was working on my DM, I tried to assist in every class I could as a DMC. The more experience you get the better. Books are good for general knowledge, but nothing beats experience.

Good Luck.

Best of luck! I started in Nov 2007 and am just now finishing up. I wasn't in any hurry. My focus was learning, watching, experiencing and getting it right. My advice would be to take it slow, learn the material well, assist as much as your schedule allows and spend as much time as possible with your instructor(s)/mentor(s). That last part is key. The DM program is really about being mentored. Hopefully your instructor(s) see it that way as well. It should be unlike any scuba course you've taken previously.

Good luck! I just finished mine up and had a blast with it (except for the physics part....lol). My favorite part was the practical work and assisting with the instructors. I got the most out of that, but the book work is important, also. Have fun on your journey!

:cool3:

Have fun with it and don't stress. I also took my time and finished in just about a year.

Cheers,
Lilla

Good Luck!!
In case you haven't checked it out yet... The "PADI Divemaster Exam Study Guide" STICKY at the top of this forum has some really good advice. Joe-Diver gave some great tips on physics, which honestly helped me quite a bit when it came time for exams. (Thanks Joe!)
Quoting Joe-Diver from that sticky:
This is the one that most people sweat about and for most it is the hardest test. Read chapter 4 in the Encyclopedia and then complete section 1 in the Workbook. Understand the gas laws and know how to use the formulas. When you have a question that starts at one depth and asks you to solve for another depth, always take it to the surface, then back down. Make notes for yourself, defining the gas laws and formulas in the simplest terms you understand so you can quickly review your notes right before the exam.

- Pound this into your melon, and use it when those questions come up on the exam.

Hope this helps!

I wish I had seen Joe's sticky before I took the course, but it still is helpful in my continuing to strengthen my knowledge base. Joe sounds like one hell of an instructor. I'd like to have some tutelage under him sometime!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom