Starting a Diving Company

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dope ya i know of diving dynamics man thats where i got my OW done they are great there but the gear are kinda not on the good side i feel bad i just bought different gear from someone eles but oh well they still teach good stuff i hope cause i know some dive shops dont like that but oh well..
Chris P.S Who says im going to start it in kelowna or canada im only 16 i was just talking with my dad and he brought it up maybe i would start something down on the beaches of mexico or something ha i wish but anywho thanks guys..

ChrisCrash:
dope ya i know of diving dynamics man thats where i got my OW done they are great there but the gear are kinda not on the good side i feel bad i just bought different gear from someone eles but oh well they still teach good stuff i hope cause i know some dive shops dont like that but oh well..
Chris P.S Who says im going to start it in kelowna or canada im only 16 i was just talking with my dad and he brought it up maybe i would start something down on the beaches of mexico or something ha i wish but anywho thanks guys..

Its based on your other threads...:14:

If you start a business forget about Rebreathers...because that will take all your money...

i know it was just an option expanding my knowledge with diving and plus my dad brought it up so its all good just wanted to ask a simple question did not want any flaming from anyone just wanted to know one or two simple question my bad for asking i should ok knew my other threads would come up in this one..

From someone here has started numerous businesses, start small and grow with your products, word of mouth and advertisements. One way to beat the big guys is to be personable. In other words put your own touch on things and make yourself accessible. A short hand written note on a reciept goes a long way. Someone said hosting is an over head fee, but find someone like me who has a server and is willing to offer you free webspace until you get your feet off the ground. PM me for details, (Mods: I am trying not to advertise it and it isn't an advertisement, just an offer.) I hope you are able to pull this off, a lot of great industrial leaders started in or before high school, so you are poised to become the next one. Good luck.
Brian

One problem is getting products how do i get the products do i make a deal with the companys or just buy on my own then resale?
Chris

ChrisCrash:
One problem is getting products how do i get the products do i make a deal with the companys or just buy on my own then resale?
Chris
You have to find out who distributes the products you want to sell. Then you get a deall with them based on the size of the company. If you want to sell a particular brand you may be able to get discounts from their rep.

Yeah, but research would be a good idea, with a load of descent products and designers out there, start thinking what both you would like to see in a shop and maybe set up some questionaires for what other people would like, starting early wont hurt at all. ive sent you a pm about my opinion =]

Finish high school.
Go to college, take some business courses.
Work in an LDS for a while to see how things work.
Save your money while doing all of the above, if possible.
Then, if you still feel it would be a viable business venture, open your shop.

the Kraken

^ sound advice^
Definately get in with the LDS ASAP. Hang out as much as possible and help out as much as you can. You'll get exposed to divers, different gear and the industry as a whole. Do it now, while money is not a problem for you. I worked a dive shop when I was 16-20 and it was a great experience that gave me some opportunities and exposure I'd never have gotten otherwise. If you don't mind, I'll PM you something that might be of interest.

BTW, your writing is much better. I know it's an effort for you, but it really makes a difference in how you are perceived.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom