Staying in Belize before & after Nekton cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now, about the hotel. The princess wasn't terrible, but wasn't great by any means. If you'll only be there for a day or two, it might be worth the convenience to stay there. Belize city in general isn't the best place to stay... there are many nicer places in Belize. I'd suggest instead of staying a few days before and after, pile them up and stay 3-4 days before OR after... this way you can get out of Belize city for your lodgings and really see a good chunk of what Belize has to offer.

I was checking out the radisson, which from what I've seen of the rates so far doesn't seem too bad... Plus it looks close to shops and such. I'll check out the other one mentioned as well.

My current thinking was to fly in thursday (flights are cheaper anyway) which should give us about two days to explore. I was also planning on just staying one day after and leaving on Sunday just to get the full day of diving on Friday.

Thanks for everyones suggestions.

For what it's worth, me and my wife did the Lamanai tour for the ruins and really enjoyed it. We took about a 90 minute boat ride up the river (lots of birds, few monkeys, couple crocodiles) to the ruins, had lunch there with the group, then walked around the ruins for a few hours. They have the tallest of the Belize pyramids there, although I'm sure it's only a difference of a few feet, probably not noticable from the other big ones. The river boat there and back was way cool though, got to see a lot of the Belize jungle.

For what it's worth, me and my wife did the Lamanai tour for the ruins and really enjoyed it. We took about a 90 minute boat ride up the river (lots of birds, few monkeys, couple crocodiles) to the ruins, had lunch there with the group, then walked around the ruins for a few hours. They have the tallest of the Belize pyramids there, although I'm sure it's only a difference of a few feet, probably not noticable from the other big ones. The river boat there and back was way cool though, got to see a lot of the Belize jungle.

that looks like fun! Who did you do it with? How did you book? We are very interested in Mayan culture anyhow and adding on a day or two for exploring the ruins is on our agenda.

robin:D

that looks like fun! Who did you do it with? How did you book? We are very interested in Mayan culture anyhow and adding on a day or two for exploring the ruins is on our agenda.

robin:D

We did it with Belize Cruise Excursions and didn't have any complaints. Our group was small, so we hooked up with another group and had about 8 people total. They picked us up at our hotel, and it was about $75 per person. Here is the website.

Belize Lamanai Shore Excursion for Cruise Ship Passengers visiting the Port of Belize City, Belize

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom