Steal or alum.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dvoodoo83

Reaction score
im looking for a dive tool but i dont know witch is better steal or alum. it will be my first dive tool and it will be used mostly in colorado any help is well.....helpful thanks

I like carrying a pair of EMT shears in places where I don't have to worry about... defending myself. It's easier to cut through fishing line and small plants with shears than a knife.

I dont think they even make alum. knives.... I wear a small SS knife on my harness- and a pair of sheers in my thigh pocket---I never use them but they're there... Alum knives would not hold an edge-----If you do find one I would not buy it... As to sheers--they are handy---I have many pairs, also they are cheep. But you have to take care of them more, I always lube them up with silicone grease... There are Titium knives out there--but they have some draw backs, they are very hard to sharpen, they are expensive, they dont hold an edge as good as a SS knife.

Can you be more specific?

What do you want to do with the tool?

just the normal under/w comucation, fishing line emegenses thanks for thouse have posted and thouse who are going to

Back
Top Bottom