steamship china

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

riverdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
This is what I found today in two dives, I hate to see are diving season coming to an end. Water was 59*

Attachments

• DSCN7855.jpg
    DSCN7855.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN7859.jpg
    DSCN7859.jpg
    279 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN7860.jpg
    DSCN7860.jpg
    363.8 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCN7861.jpg
    DSCN7861.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 122
The china shard with the border of stars looks like that from the United States Lines and used on the SS United States. Wonder how it got into the Great Lakes tho?

Awesome finds. Too bad the logo china is broken. Having complete plates with the logo's would be very neat! Still very cool though.

Mike, I do have quite a lot of full ones, last week I found one from Alcoma Marine and one from White Star Line,and the week before that I found another from White Star Line. I find maybe 1 a week. At the same time the shards are great I am going to end up making a shadow box board with all different logos just like Fred Dufty's.
Ed

River Diver, I found a Georgian Bay Line plate when I was doing a Commercial Dive Job right off of the Ren Cen. That and a Bowie Knife and a bunch of nasty things.

I know a guy that found a (D&C) Detroit and Cleveland pitcher off the Ren Cen also doing a commercial job. who where you working for at the time?

Uncleavi, did the Georgian Bay plate look like this one? I found this last year in the center of the river it's a 12" dinner plate

Attachments

• DSCN7905.jpg
    DSCN7905.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 256

Back
Top Bottom