Steel 119 VS 130

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcpilot44

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am wanting to purchase some steel tanks. Trying to decide on 119 or 130's. Not much difference in price. The 130 is about 1 inch longer and about 1# heavier. Any thoughts. Thanks

I am wanting to purchase some steel tanks. Trying to decide on 119 or 130's. Not much difference in price. The 130 is about 1 inch longer and about 1# heavier. Any thoughts. Thanks

I have a small flotilla of PST 130s (and a couple of 104s) and I just love 'em. They're the perfect tank for doing 60 to 90 minute dives in the 70-90' range.

I've been regretting getting my two 119s almost since I bought them, instead of 130s.

Don't get me wrong, they're great tanks. But, 130s seem to trim out just a bit better and give you just a bit more gas. :wink:

I never used 119's, but I love my 130's. I went from Al80's to the 130's and never looked back.

I have 119's. If I could do it over, I'd go the 130 route.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom