Stenciling my fins and other items

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Silver Sharpie for dark items, Black Sharpie for the rest. Copy the s/n of your regs and leave it somewhere safe yet accessible, in case of discrepancy.

Same here...

Also paint pen on Cylinders and hard weights. I also do the weight of the weight to make them easier to spot.

I initial to distinguish gear common with my wife. The major marking is my phone number with area code. If someone finds my stuff I want them to be able to contact me.

Re-coat annually.

Pete

You can also use tape to mask shapes like the signal flags on this FENZY and wetsuit (that's u-name-it paint)

fenzy.jpg

I learned this from my niece. Her bottles for daycare had dishwasher safe labels...they never came off. So I ordered some for with my phone number. They have been on my gear for over 2yrs, they seem to scrap on fins, but I have multiples on them. Haven't come off BC, Tank, Lights, wetsuit, gloves, SMB, Mask, weight pockets, boat shoes...etc. A package starts at $18.00 there are other makers but I bought my original pack from a company called NameBubbles - Waterproof Labels - Dishwasher Safe Labels - Name Bubbles Most of the companies give new mothers big discount on variety packs...but that's a lot of labels.

I've used nail polish. Held up for quite awhile.

I use the testor enamel paint pens can be found at hobby shops and some hardware stores.
The sharpie markers are good on some things but tend to fade on others. I can also dab out
a small amount of paint from the paint pen onto something and use the end of large paper clip
for small lettering. I have my initials on my wrist mount computer that I put on about a year
ago and still holding up fine. I can't always put contact information and such but nice to have at
least a little something so you can describe why it is yours when someone finds it. Or who knows
maybe someone you know will find it and say " Hey I know a (your initials go here) " !

. Or who knows maybe someone you know will find it and say " Hey I know a (your initials go here) " !

As all my gear has my initials on it, whenever I dive around the world I will hear at least once per trip "Hey, are you the RJP on ScubaBoard?"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom