still using a snorkel? or does it stay in the car

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Charlie don't surf and I guess TEAMCASA don't race (or drive hot cars on the street). Modified T5 Transmission - No Time To Lose

It's a performance thing, if you care about such things ... on the track, on the road, out on a dive or drive.:D

Works great hooked up to a "Power Hitter". :eyebrow:

Not to be dense but, what's a "power hitter" outside of baseball?

I guess TEAMCASA don't race (or drive hot cars on the street).

Modified T5 Transmission - No Time To Lose

It's a performance thing, if you care about such things ... on the track, on the road, out on a dive or drive.:D

Geez, that's not a racing transmission! Besides, from that same page - "you can grab the straight-cut version for $2,560, while the helical version will set you back $2,655."

If you want a real racing snorkel check out Lenco Racing Transmissions

But that doesn't obviate the analogy. I guess if he's messing with Lencos TEAMCASA knows more about cars then he'd let on. Why he thought straight cuts went out with the Model T, however, is beyond me, I'll be putting a straight cut in the Cobra Daytona Coupe replica I'm planning.

But that doesn't obviate the analogy.I guess if he's messing with Lencos TEAMCASA knows more about cars then he'd let on. Why he thought straight cuts went out iwth the Model T, however, is beyond me, I'll be putting a straight cut in the Cobra Datona Coupe replica I'm planning.

True on both counts.

A common mis-use of the term straight cut gears are more akin to an acme gear. Most performance gears are really a straight bevel gear cut. Some are also helical bevel cut. Some use syncros as well, some don't.

Sorry about the off-topic folks. Transmission talk just makes me happy but Thal is right about the snorkel analogy - to a point.

:letsparty::letsparty:

Gents this is BasicScuba please stay ON topic.:rofl3:

I continue to wonder if the snorkel/no snorkel discussion is, in no small part, dictated by where you dive.

Most of my diving is either in Puget Sound (cold, little/no waves) or in a cave (no snorkel, ever). If diving in PS off a boat, have little/no need for a snorkel because I'm not swimming on the surface (almost always a live boat pickup) and as I wrote, no waves so I'm not worried about keeping my head out of the water.

IF I'm doing shore diving, I'm swimming on my back with my steel 130 or doubles underwater thus negating their weight rather than on my stomach with the monsters pushing me into the water. Just about every diver I know around here does the same thing. I don't think using a snorkel while swimming on my back is a useful exercise.

What say ya' Thal?

Only good use of a snorkel..............

GoodUseOfSnorkel.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom