Stinger TR-PC Data Transfer Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gjy1472

New
Reaction score
The interface that came with the unit has a serial cable. I've tried to get a fix from Suunto but to no avail. I purchased a conversion cable (RS to USB) but it doesn't work with either Dive Manager or MovesCount... not sure if it's a driver or software problem.

Has someone found a fix or can suggest one?

Dear gjy1472,
To successfully download the Stinger, you must use an older version of the Suunto Dive Manager, something in the 2 series (earlier than v.3.0). Also, it gets tricky when you use a conversion cable. Sometimes it will work if the conversion cable has its own driver. For more information, try the Suunto Help Desk at Suunto.com.

I have just opened a case as well. Same issue with my Vyper and Vytec. Just got a new laptop and trying to get it to connect. Will pretty much suck if I have to use an old version of software to get COM port support or buy an $80 cable just to get the logs imported with the new DM4. Hoping to hear some good news. Will try to post the finding.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom