Storage Temperature for Revo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

James Ocean

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm in SoCal and this winter I am planning to store my Revo III Micro Titanium in an insulated outdoor shed. I'm running out of indoor space for it unfortunately.

The shed has no leaks and the indoor temp ranges from about 37F on the coldest nights to 77F during the daytime. Normal humidity of around 40-55%.

Is this ok for the Revo?

Mate wrap it in a doona then in a plastic tub off the floor on wood with a little blankie on top

My gear is stored in the garage in Colorado. Temps rang from 0F to 100F. I think it will be alright.

Don't try to use frozen O2 Cells, but they usually do fine once they warm up.

Other than cells and some types of batteries the unit should be fine in cold storage.

If mice are a possibility I would be more worried about that than temperature.

I'd take batteries, O2 cells, and disconnect the nerd. Put it into a Pelican or similar case and call it a day.

I'd take batteries, O2 cells, and disconnect the nerd. Put it into a Pelican or similar case and call it a day.
This. As general practice, do not leave a fischer or 4-pin cable connected long term with cells at the other end. Over time, that minimal amount of current seems to nuke fischer connectors.

Temperature isn't the issue I would have. What else is stored in the shed? Something like a lawnmower or other chemicals can off-gas and that off-gassing can attack the plastics. Not a big deal for short term exposure, but long term can be an issue. The next is critters getting in. Even if not making a home in the rEvo, just a little nibble in the wrong place can be bad news.

Back
Top Bottom