storing my new PT-015

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gt2003

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My housing arrived today. Wow, kind of intimidating compared to the reefmaster (hehehe). Anyhow, its gonna be a couple of months until I get the camera. So, should I take the big O-rings out of the housing until its time to use them? I think I read something similar to this about taking them out and storing them in the housing.

Also, has anyone used the "black" O-rings in these housings with good luck?

I also noticed Olympus includes a pamphlet on DEPP insurance with their housings. That kinda scares me......Greg

When my camera flooded the quote I got to read was:
"The question is not if your camera will flood, but when."
Better to be safe than sorry.
As for the o-ring question: take them out and store them separately in a ziplock baggie.
here a bit more on the subject:
http://www.scubaboard.com/t51952.html

Thanks for the link Leesa. I woulda spent all night looking. I appreciate it. Greg

Ok, since you're rearing to go, how many pics will I get from a 64MB CF memory card? I might as well find out now how much memory I'll need and what kind everyone recommends. Thanks, Greg

The number of pix you get will depend on the resolution you use on the camera. SHQ will take about 1.5M per pic. TIFF is simply huge so will not get many pix but great quality. I used a 256MB on a recent trip and will hold 60 or 70 pix easily at SHQ. Also, find out if you can get access to a pc and cd burner where you are going. If so, download pix at the end of the day and start fresh every morning.

gt2003:
Ok, since you're rearing to go, how many pics will I get from a 64MB CF memory card? I might as well find out now how much memory I'll need and what kind everyone recommends. Thanks, Greg

OK Greg If you have the chip in the camera the number displayed in the bottom right corner is the number of pictures you can take in that resolution on that chip. If you change the resolution that number will also change.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom