Storing Tanks on boat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SM Diver

Reaction score
I am looking for suggestions for the best way to store tanks on my boat. I have a Venture 34 w/ twin 250 yamaha outboards. It is used for fishing 75% and now diving 25%. I make this point because when fishing, I don't want permant racks that interfere with fishing. There are several very large hatches with room for storage. There is also a large diving platform, which could theoretically have racks.

Any suggestions on how I should go about this would be appreciated.

Scott
Tampa

Scott,

I'm quite pleased with the fold-down racks I put on my boat. When folded down, they are almost completely out of the way. In the picture below, you can see 3 tank holders in use, but there are three more folded away behind the cooler.

I installed a 4-foot rail on the transom, and cut another 4-foot rail in half so I could mount two tanks on each side in the stern.

I bought the adjustable holders which can fit any size (diameter) tank.

I've been on several boats that used a combination of hooks and cords to secure tanks, and it's both cheap and effective.

The roll control system is great. I've used that type of tank rack for 10 years. Best part about it is that it only takes a second to remove the tank brackets from the track, if you're not using your boat for diving (should that ever occur).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom