Storm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TCDiver1

Ductus Exemplo
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone else get ripped by that storm last night?

We got hammered in the Traverse City area. My parents place looks like Beirut. Trees down all over the place on houses, power lines, power's out, docks, boats and shore stations blown away, etc.

It looks like a little mini hurricane blew through Grand Traverse County, a perfect "Thunder" Storm if you will.

And i was waiting it out under a golf course event tent, pondering the intelligence of being under a golf course event tent during such a conflagration.
:confused:

Powers been out at my place since about 6:00 PM last night. And I'm on the east side of town which didn't get hit quite as bad as the west side.

Two fronts came togeather right near TC and whipped it up pretty good. Plenty of 100+ year old trees are down. The lineman will be busy for a few days. :wink:

Port Sanilac and the Thumb got hit also...High Winds and rain no tree down at my house but some major lighting and winds

TCDiver1:
Powers been out at my place since about 6:00 PM last night. And I'm on the east side of town which didn't get hit quite as bad as the west side.

Two fronts came togeather right near TC and whipped it up pretty good. Plenty of 100+ year old trees are down. The lineman will be busy for a few days. :wink:

I talked to jack at Great Lakes Scuba and he said you guys were getting nailed pretty hard up there. I have my advanced class this weekend through there. It was a pretty good storm down here once it hit. We didnt get hit until later though.

We didn't get it too bad in the Detroit area. The electricity went off and on a couple of times last night and there were a few small tree branches down.

I'm going up to St. Ignace to dive the Straits this weekend, any word on the Straits area?

My daughter is up at Hoffmaster State Park near Muskegon camping with her boyfriend's family. After reading this thread I called to check in with her. They received quite a bit of rain it sounds like. The tent she and the other girls were staying in flooded! They all had to sleep in the camper ... which had to be interesting since it's a pop-up. But they're all fine.

We got it bad lots of co workers are without power and they are saying two to three days to get it back.

Well i just called my answering machine and i answered so the power must be back on. :wink:

Much quicker than they predicted. Guess we got a lot of lineman help from surrounding areas. Gotta love those electric co-ops.

Gee, I guess we weren't so bad off yesterday after all. It was only 105 here and will be again today... :11:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom