Straits Of Mackinac dive charters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Me too :D.......I believe several of us are getting closer to looking at a trip to dive the Straits and would love to hear about options. Thanks for the thread :thumb:.

There's a group of us heading up tomorrow; we'll undoubtedly post a report when we get back.

Straits Scuba in St. Ignace runs the Rec Diver which is a 42' boat, that is slower but more stable. Larry can take 4 to 16+ divers. He has a air fill station in St. Ignace too. Straits Scuba You are more likely to reach him if you call, rather than emailing him.

Joe at Northern Dive Center in Cheboygan has a 27' six pack vessel with a great swim ladder. He has air/ntx/tmx fills. Charter Information & Reservations | iDiveMI.com

A couple other options:
Shipwreck Adventures
Home Page
Welcome To Great Lakes Divers
ABYSS Dive Charter

Hope this helps.

DSC2679

Thanks for the information. Have you dove with Joe at Northern Dive Center? If so, could you please give a little more details about his operation?

I have not been on a charter with Joe. I know him and he is a very nice guy who is interested in providing great service to divers. I've been on his boat, albeit while docked behind his shop. It is a nice clean boat with plenty of room for six divers. I think he has pics of it on his website, or on the shops facebook. I've been wanting to charter with him, but I haven't been able to get the time to do so. I wish I had more info for you. The Straits are awesome! Good luck.

dsc2679
Thanks again for the good feedback.
i give Joe a call to set a charter for sometime in August.

Hey Guys! Larry at Straits Scuba asked me to find a contact for the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew. Somebody called a while back to set up a charter for this weekend (July 31-Aug1), but never called back to confirm things. He would like to know if this charter is going, and how many divers. His big boat is booked so this will be on the Intrepid, the smaller boat limited to 6 divers (but could make 2 trips per day). Please reply here ASAP and/or give Larry a call at 810-240-4320

Correction: Larry tells me that the Wrecking Crew is down for the middle of August (13-14). Again, please contact him ASAP to confirm this; he has another group ready to take the charter. Thanks !

Correction: Larry tells me that the Wrecking Crew is down for the middle of August (13-14). Again, please contact him ASAP to confirm this; he has another group ready to take the charter. Thanks !

Due to some communications issues (and I'll leave it there) the group that was trying to plan that charter ended up diving with another dive operation a couple weekends ago.

Back
Top Bottom