Strange message on Vyper Air

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jude Reilly

Registered
Reaction score
I recently purchased a new Vyper Air (my old one had an error that couldn't be resolved) just over 1 week ago. I am using the wireless transmitter. Twice, since I started using it, I caught a fleeting message on the tank pressure that looked like "batt".To be honest, it was so quick,I can't be sure. I checked the latest manual online from the Suunto website and "batt" is not a message that is listed.
Would I be correct in assuming that this means the battery in the transmitter needs to be changed?
Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide.

Hi, you're right. "batt" would indicate a low transmitter battery although on Vyper Air "LOb" is the respective message, so "LOb" should be displayed. Both messages are shown alternately (pressure message). Have you dived in water of varying temperature (close to a thermocline)? If the voltage level is close to the warning threshold it may cause the message to be displayed for a moment only (due to varying temperature)... br, Hendrik

Thank you for your prompt response!
There was no variation in water temperature, although both times, the ambient air temperature was very warm. The first time was on a real dive, and the second was a week later in the pool.
LOb has not shown at all.
I will take my reg to the LDS and get them to change the transmitter battery.
Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom