Strap hole repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubbles McGee

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I mentioned in another thread that I had received a pair of Force Fin Pros from a friend of mine and I am very excited to have the opportunity to own a pair. They fit great and will be diving with them in May when I go for my PADI Advanced Open Water cert in Grenada.

My friend had replaced the original straps with DIY bungees. The screws and other hardware used were badly corroded when I received them so I removed everything and I have ordered a set of bungee straps directly from FF.

All of the strap holes are fine with the exception of one. It appears that all of the rust etc. has effected the polyurethane and some of the material has disintegrated for lack of a better term.

My question for when the new straps arrive is can I buy polyurethane compound from a home center and patch it or should I just drill a fresh hole further up and call it a day? I don't think the original hole has enough strength to hold the new screw and bushing securely.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I mentioned in another thread that I had received a pair of Force Fin Pros from a friend of mine and I am very excited to have the opportunity to own a pair. They fit great and will be diving with them in May when I go for my PADI Advanced Open Water cert in Grenada.

My friend had replaced the original straps with DIY bungees. The screws and other hardware used were badly corroded when I received them so I removed everything and I have ordered a set of bungee straps directly from FF.

All of the strap holes are fine with the exception of one. It appears that all of the rust etc. has effected the polyurethane and some of the material has disintegrated for lack of a better term.

My question for when the new straps arrive is can I buy polyurethane compound from a home center and patch it or should I just drill a fresh hole further up and call it a day? I don't think the original hole has enough strength to hold the new screw and bushing securely.

Thanks in advance!
Ok, good idea to drill new hole. I am seeing 30 year old fins and the material around the screws has gone,,guess the test to time. Replacements kits go out each day. We do offer a bigger brass bushing, which we use here in our Repair ,,,have sold over one million Force fins so kind of busy just replacing old straps...give us some new sales, please. made in America. best, Bob Evans

Thanks Bob. I should have inquired about a bigger bushing before ordering the new bungees. I ordered them this morning and I've already received a shipped notification and tracking number. You guys are quick! My order is #8652

Thanks Bob. I should have inquired about a bigger bushing before ordering the new bungees. I ordered them this morning and I've already received a shipped notification and tracking number. You guys are quick! My order is #8652
Great. let me check with my assistant Robert in the morning, will ship a large bushing if we have them Ok, No charge.. Thank you, Best, Bob

Great. let me check with my assistant Robert in the morning, will ship a large bushing if we have them Ok, No charge.. Thank you, Best, Bob

Wow. Thanks very much. You don't get that kind of customer service anymore let alone hear from the owner. Much appreciated.

I would gladly give your company "some new sales", but I already own a pair of pros and a pair of excellerators, both in green Tan delta. I'm good for a while. Thanks.

I would gladly give your company "some new sales", but I already own a pair of pros and a pair of excellerators, both in green Tan delta. I'm good for a while. Thanks.

Lucky! Interestingly enough there is a pair of green tan delta pros and a pair of ruby red tan delta excellerators on eBay. Separate sellers. Both pairs are large. I need XLs. :(

[QUOTE="give us some new sales, please. made in America. best, Bob Evans[/QUOTE]

I'll be happy to invest in a new pair of excellerators once I get my feet wet with the pros. yuk yuk yuk. I need to give them a good test drive to make sure they are the type of fin for me. I know the quality and customer service are there. I guess what I need to do is find out if i'm the right kind of person for the fins.

You will find that Pros and Excellerators are really different if you try both "side by side".. Much more performance from the Excellerators, especially with "alternative" kicks and they provide outstanding performance in currents.. I had a pair of the Tan Delta Excellerators that I loved and I really enjoyed the performance compared to any fin I had tried before. I have not tried the newest Excellerators ,since I have been diving a pair of Tan Delta Hockeys for the past 7 yeats that you will have to pry off my feet in order to get me into my coffin.

You will find that Pros and Excellerators are really different if you try both "side by side".. Much more performance from the Excellerators, especially with "alternative" kicks and they provide outstanding performance in currents.. I had a pair of the Tan Delta Excellerators that I loved and I really enjoyed the performance compared to any fin I had tried before. I have not tried the newest Excellerators ,since I have been diving a pair of Tan Delta Hockeys for the past 7 yeats that you will have to pry off my feet in order to get me into my coffin.

I'm confident that the Pros will be more than great. Glad you like the Hockeys. All of the designs look awesome. Not sure if the Hockeys will make it back to market any time soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom