Stretching Neoprene?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SlugLife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I have some wetsuits that do fit and are perfectly usable, but are perhaps just slightly barely smaller than I'd like. Does anyone have advice or techniques for stretching neoprene (other than buy another)?

Regular diet and strenuous physical activity tend to expand all my suits.

Ate too much this Winter????

:popcorn:
Hah, I knew someone would go there.

Just to move this thread in a productive direction, losing fat would not help me at all, and I haven't gained weight. What fat I have is on my belly and all my wetsuits fit fine there. If I started exercising more, I'd like to gain muscle mass more than lose fat.

(1) My main wetsuit is a little tight on the legs, and I have about 0% body-fat there.
(2) Another wetsuit I got used. It mostly fits fine, but is just barely shorter than I'd like, maybe 3/4 an inch.
(3) 4 years ago I bought a pair of wetsuit shorts that fit perfect. Then I lost them, bought another pair the same size and brand, and it's tight, and I missed the return window.

So if all of you are going to make fun of me, I'm not fat, but instead you need to make fun of my @$$.

---

Back on topic, if I could stretch some of these just a little they'd be about perfect.

Try buying an inflatable doll and put it inside the suit and inflate it with bc hose from tank and leave it in there for a week or two and see what happens.

Try buying an inflatable doll and put it inside the suit and inflate it with bc hose from tank and leave it in there for a week or two and see what happens.

they make dolls that big?

Btw I’m almost 5 9 and wear xxxl or 4 xl suits for scuba. 😐

they make dolls that big?

Btw I’m almost 5 9 and wear xxxl or 4 xl suits for scuba. 😐
I am 5 9 and need xxxl or 4xl short too.

The link in my post shows big size doll I think 🤠

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom